Fortismere Associates was jointly commissioned with Arup to provide a, comprehensive training programme on climate change for local authority planning officers and other related disciplines in the Yorkshire and Humber region.
The training was commissioned under the Climate Change Skills Fund managed by YoHrSpace.
It was geared towards increasing the capacity of local authorities to tackle the causes and effects of climate change by reinforcing the skills needed to take effective action. Training sessions got down to the practical issues that planning officers grapple with day to day in adapting to climate change.
During 2012 we delivered 37 training sessions attended by local authority officers from across the Yorkshire and Humber region.
The training was structured around 10 modules:
• LDF / plan making evidence base and implementation of the Yorkshire and Humber Renewable and Low Carbon Energy Potential Study, 2011
• Introduction to climate change policy and context
• Climate change planning for renewable energy and low carbon
• Climate change planning for construction
• Climate change planning for green infrastructure
• Achieving climate change mitigation and adaptation in masterplanning
• Achieving climate change mitigation and adaptation in small scale development
• Climate change and viability
• Heritage assets and climate change
• Regulation regimes, likely policy changes and implications for planning requirements, monitoring and enforcement
More information on each module can be found at Your Climate.